How to Lose Weight in 2 Weeks?
Losing weight is one of the biggest concerns for many men and women today, with the desire to avoid obesity and the pressure to look good pushing many to hit the gym or try various athletic activities. If you have a social event, such as a birthday party, corporate event or a wedding coming up in a couple of weeks and you wish to lose weight fast, it is possible to do so with proper meal plan and training schedule. Find out how to lose weight in 2 weeks.
Follow a proper meal plan
Find out what to eat to lose weight in 2 weeks.
- Drink lots of water – Every serving of light beer, fruit smoothie, or energy drink / sports-drink comprises of around 100 calories. It is important to avoid having these beverages, as these only serve to make you fat. Fluids that are rich in carbohydrates and sodium make you bulky by making the body retain more water.
On the other hand, water is a zero-carbohydrate and zero-calorie drink. It does not contain any sodium. All these make it the best drink for aiding in weight loss. Sufficient intake of water also helps boost the metabolic pace and remove excess water weight. If you find plain water boring, you can add in mint leaves or lemon wedges to improve its taste.
- Substitute carbohydrates with vegetables – Many people love to have simple carbohydrates in the form of sandwich rolls, spaghetti, white rice etc that can make weight balloon. These can be digested fast by your system, which can leave you hungry and make you likelier to over-eat a couple of hours later or during your next meal.
You can try substituting carbohydrates with various vegetables. For example, you can grate cauliflower and use it as a substitute for white rice. Whole-grain bread products are packed with fibers that are healthier in form but can lead to weight gain, which makes them a poor alternative for white rice etc.
Go for dip and carrots rather than dip and chips. These vegetables have complex carbohydrates that are digested by the body more gradually as compared to simple carbohydrates. Thus, you can feel fuller for more time. As vegetables mostly comprise of water, these can help eliminate a lot of water weight.
- Sacrifice at least one calorie-rich food – It is a good idea to remove at least one calorie-heavy food that you love to indulge in. For example, if you like to have chocolate dessert following dinner or chips along with lunch foods it is a good idea to get rid of these eatables from the daily diet. This can help you to cut down on your flab. Although you might feel the absence for a few days, you will not mind the absence of these foods in the long run.
- Have coffee prior to exercising – An hour before working out, it is a good idea to consume coffee. Having this beverage in the morning before exercising can make your workout sessions more productive. You can get more energy and exercise with more ease. With a boost to your metabolism, your body can burn more number of calories with exercising for a shorter time.
- Consume salmon – Salmon consists of various nutrients that can offer a glowing complexion and help build your muscle tone. According to a few nutritionists, having salmon – in any type of cooked form – can quickly offer more shape to your face.
- Get rid of junk foods – You might find it unable to keep away from junks for a long time, but 2 weeks is a short enough time to stick to your plans. Avoid having fried and fatty foods as well as high-sugar desserts. If you wish to lose weight in as short time as 2 weeks, it makes sense to get rid of foods that contain a lot of sugar or sodium, carbohydrates and trans-fats. Avoid deep fried foods such as wafers and chips that contain additives, coloring agents and synthetic chemicals other than trans-fats, each of which are difficult to digest for the body and can make you balloon up.
Follow a proper exercise regimen
A proper workout regimen can complement your dieting efforts, and aid in faster weight loss.
- Set up a realistic weight loss goal – Make use of a BMI (Body Mass Index) table that can let you determine the appropriate body weight for your height and age. A body mass index of 25 – 29.9 is generally good enough to help you stay healthy and fit. In case your weight range is lower than your usual BMI, you are under-nourished. However, if it is over your normal body mass index, you will begin to suffer from obesity. Once you are aware of what your normal weight should be, it will be easier for you to set your 2-week weight loss goal and develop a program that can help you to achieve your objective.
Do not give up your fat loss efforts if you are unable to lose all that weight in 2 weeks. In another 2 – 3 weeks, you can see more noticeable results. You have to keep your efforts up.
- Do cardiovascular exercises for half an hour every day – With any type of workout, you can increase your heart rate and burn more number of calories. With a cardio exercise routine that simultaneously engages a number of muscles at the same time, you can burn more calories. Boot-camp workouts, spinning and cardio kickboxing are the 3 types of exercises to ensure proper cardio workout. Even 30 minutes of cardio exercises every day helps burn up 200 – 300 calories. These can tone up your core, arm and leg muscles as well as make you lighter and shapelier.
In each session, you can burn more number of calories. If your exercise regimen includes interval training – consisting of slower activities alternating with short intense cardiovascular workout bursts. Although fitness experts cannot actually explain why this is effective, trainers are sure about the effectuality of this type of exercise regimen.
- Do lunges and push-ups every alternating day – With these exercises, which are staple workouts in gyms for muscle sculpting, you can achieve a more toned look. Do 3 sets of 12 lunges on one day and do similar numbers of push-ups the next day and so on. When you do lunges with free weights held in each hand, you can add more muscle mass as well as tone your thighs, butt and hips. With push-ups, you can target the upper body – and while doing them you need to keep your legs and back in a fully straight line.
- Perform sit-ups and squats – Before taking part in competitions, these exercises are used by bodybuilders as these make muscles more well-defined. You should do 3 sets of 12 sit-ups and squats for making your legs, abs and butt tighter for the short term.
- Maintain good posture – Performing exercises is not the only way when it comes to how to lose weight fast in 2 weeks. It is important to maintain proper posture while sitting or standing. While standing or walking, keep the shoulders back and the spine firm. Suck your belly in to the spine, which can make you slimmer and have your mid-section appear more streamlined.
Accelerate your weight lose by checking out
this program for losing weight!
Make lifestyle changes
The following changes in your daily lifestyle can aid your efforts in losing weight in a couple of weeks.
- Have extra half hour of sleep – Whether you sleep for 6 hours or 8 hours, sleeping for an additional half hour can give you more energy. It can rejuvenate you sufficiently, so that you can focus more on your exercises, personal and professional commitments etc. With more sleep and rest, you can offer a natural boost to your metabolism. Your body repairs itself and builds muscle while you sleep, offering better muscle tone.
- Go for better foods – You have to choose better foods, without having anything that offers a fast rise in your sugar levels during breakfast to offer more energy followed by a crash. This will ensure that you do not have to skip gym classes due to fatigue.
- Have foods more often – It is important to eat more frequently, but not more. For instance, if you have 4 celery pieces every day, you will like to have all of them in just one meal. You would like to space and distribute them during breakfast, lunch and dinner, to prevent feeling hungry often. Eating more often will make you eat less. This will trick your stomach from feeling hunger.
- Have smaller meals – A number of dieting experts recommend snacking for a purpose. It can increase the pace of metabolism and help you avoid stuffing yourself in the coming hours. Have smaller meals so that you can make way for some snacks in between meals for some additional calories. After 2 weeks, your body will love the change in your lifestyle.
- Follow a more active lifestyle – Use every small opportunity to exercise. For example, while watching the TV program of your choice and with ads coming on, lie down on the floor and do some push-ups. Try dancing when you are coming back from the bathroom. While moving down your hallway, lunge. This can appear to be slightly silly. However, these small changes can do their bit to slim down your waistline and tone up your muscles more.
Take out your dog for a longer trip around your block; wash your own car, cycle to and from the local grocery store etc to kill two birds with a single stone. When you use your brains, you can find plenty of opportunities to work out even in the midst of usual activities.
- Begin cooking your own foods – One of the best ways to control your calories and nutrient intake is to cook your own foods. Although you can get many healthy food options in some restaurants, there is no surety about the kind of oil or salad dressing that is used in cooking the vegetables. When you cook your own foods, you can be more sure of what you eat and have full control on your each bite.
Make use of olive oil and other healthier oils, less salt, less sugar and less butter. You should also control the sizes of your portion. Other than helping you to manage your weight, this can also help you to control your expenses.
- Track your diet and workout regimen – It is important to keep track of your workouts and diet regimen for the entire two weeks of time. By keeping track, you can understand where you are likely to put on some weight, the type of foods that you can further cut down on etc in order to ensure progress with your efforts.
You can do this the old way – with a pen and diary – or use any of the weight loss iOS or Android apps that are available for download from the web. Many of these apps let you count your intake of protein, fats, carbohydrates, calories etc as well as consider your own exercise habits.
- Be committed – It is important to be committed to your objectives in order to ensure that your weight loss journey is successful. You cannot have the luxury to have a cheat day or “off day” when you are serious about losing weight in as less time as 14 days. When you are intent on trying this route, it is important to be committed to the success of this method.
Bonus Tip for 2-Week Weight Loss
It would be a better idea to inform other people, such as your friends or family members, about your weight loss plan. They can help you to stay committed by not cooking up high-calorie foods, reminding you about the time to exercise, taking you away from foods and beverages that can make you pile up calories and above all – motivate you with your fitness goals. Need help getting motivated? See this
for all the help you need!